Filing for divorce? Involved in an auto accident? Writing a will? You may want to consider hiring a lawyer to advise you or represent your interests. It is important to choose an attorney who can help you receive the best possible outcome for your situation. Check out the tips below to make sure that you are picking the right attorney:
- Look for attorneys or firms who list themselves in your subject area on reputable listing services, such as Michbar.org, Martindale.com, Lawyers.com, or other web sites.
- Ask for recommendations from trustworthy friends or business colleagues.
- Ask an attorney you know. Even if he/she does not handle cases like yours, you may be referred to an attorney who does.
- Once you have a few options review the attorneys’ web sites, advertisements, and phone listings. You will be able to gather important information about reputation, victories and background.
- Research the attorney’s experience. You’ll want an attorney who has experience defending your scenario on numerous occasions.
- Past performance is an indicator of the future. When interviewing an attorney, ask about their pattern of results.
- Review the attorney’s aptitude and judgment. You want to make sure that you and your attorney share the same views on your situation and agree on what would be the best outcome.
- Research the attorney’s fee and payment structure. Know in advance what you’ll be paying so there are no surprises.
The team at Gower Reddick has experience with criminal law, divorce, estate planning, personal injury and much more. Gower Reddick strives to bring you justice with aggressive legal representation. To find an attorney with proven success, contact us to schedule a free consultation.